I am Faegheh Hasibi, a PhD candidate at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I am working on information retrieval and semantic search under the supervision of Prof. Svein Erik Bratsberg and Prof. Krisztian Balog (University of Stavanger) .
My research is focused on semantic and entity-oriented search using knowledge bases. Specifically, main goal is to improve various tasks of entity-oriented search such as query understanding, entity linking, retrieval, and summarization.
Information retrieval; Semantic search; Machine learning; Structural indexing; Computational linguistics
– April. 2016: Paper accepted at SIGIR ’17 “Dynamic Factual Summaries for Entity Cards”
– April. 2016: 3 short papers (including a demo) accepted at SIGIR ’17, visit the publication page
– Dec. 2016: Paper accepted at ECIR ’17 “Entity Linking in Queries: Efficiency vs. Effectiveness”
– Sep. 2016: Received the best paper honorable mention award at ICTIR ’16
– July 2016: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’16 “Exploiting Entity Linking in Queries for Entity Retrieval”
– April 2016: Started research visit at the University of Stavanger (UiS)
– Dec. 2015: Paper accepted at ECIR ’16 “On the reproducibility of TAGME Entity Linking system”
– July 2015: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’15 “Entity Linking in Queries: Tasks and Evaluation”
– May 2015: Received travel grant to attend GHC ’15, women leadership program, NTNU
– Aug 2014: Received the best place student support award at the Balisage conference
– May 2014: Paper accepted at the Balisage conference, “Non-hierarchical structures: …”
– Oct. 2013: Started internship at Yahoo! research lab, Barcelona, Spain
– March 2013: Doctoral consortium paper accepted at SIGIR ’13 , Dublin, Ireland