I am working as a data scientist at ASML, where I use machine learning in the semiconductor industry. Together with a large number of physicists, computer scientists, and mathematicians, we push Moore’s law at ASML.
Prior to this, I was a PhD research fellow at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), under the supervision of Prof. Svein Erik Bratsberg and Prof. Krisztian Balog (University of Stavanger). I was a member of Information Access and Interaction (IAI) group at the University of Stavanger. My PhD research on information retrieval and semantic search systems has received several awards, including the best paper honorable mention award at the ICTIR 2016 conference and the best short paper honorable mention award at the SIGIR 2017 conference.
Machine learning, Information retrieval; Semantic search; Structural indexing; Computational linguistics
– August 2018: Paper accepted at CIKM ’18 “Query Understanding via Entity Attribute Identification”
– June 2018: Paper accepted at Information Retrieval Journal “Identifying and Exploiting Target Entity Type Information for Ad Hoc Entity Retrieval”
– Dec. 2017: Short paper accepted at ECIR ’17 “Towards a Unified Supervised Approach for Ranking Triples of Type-like Relations“
– Aug. 2017: Received the best short paper honorable mention award at SIGIR ’17
– July 2017: Gave a talk at DB/HMI colloquium at University of Twente
– June 2017: Gave a talk on semantic search at Search Engine Amsterdam (SEA) meetup
– April 2017: 1 full and 3 short papers are accepted at SIGIR ’17, visit the publication page
– Dec. 2016: Paper accepted at ECIR ’17 “Entity Linking in Queries: Efficiency vs. Effectiveness”
– Sep. 2016: Received the best paper honorable mention award at ICTIR ’16