I am a PhD candidate at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I received my M.Sc. in 2012 from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology.
My early research in my PhD (2012-2014) was on indexing of overlapping structures under the supervision of Prof. Svein Erik Bratsberg and Dr. Øystein Torbjørnsen (Microsoft Development Center Norway). Our published paper in this area won the first place student award in the Balisage 2014 conference.
Since June 2014, my research is focused on entity-oriented search under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Krisztian Balog (University of Stavanger). Our main goal is to improve various tasks of entity-oriented search including entity linking and retrieval.
My general research interests include semantic search, machine learning, structural indexing, and computational linguistics. I am particularly interested in entity linking and retrieval.
– Sep. 2016: Received the best paper honorable mention award at ICTIR ’16.
– July 2016: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’16 “Exploiting Entity Linking in Queries for Entity Retrieval”.
– April 2016: Started research visit at the University of Stavanger (UiS).
– Dec. 2015: Paper accepted at ECIR ’15 “On the reproducibility of TAGME Entity Linking system”.
– Sep. 2015: Participated ESSIR ’15 summer school, Thessaloniki, Greece.
– July 2015: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’15 “Entity Linking in Queries: Tasks and Evaluation”.
– May 2015: Received travel grant to attend GHC ’15, women leadership program, NTNU.
– May 2014: Paper accepted at the Balisage conference, “Non-hierarchical structures: …”
– Oct. 2013: Started internship at Yahoo! research lab, Barcelona, Spain.
– March 2013: Paper at SIGIR ’13 doctoral consortium, Dublin, Ireland.