I am Faegheh Hasibi, a PhD research fellow at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I am working on information retrieval and semantic search under the supervision of Prof. Svein Erik Bratsberg and Prof. Krisztian Balog (University of Stavanger). My PhD research has received several awards, including the best paper honorable mention award at the ICTIR 2016 conference and the best short paper honorable mention award at the SIGIR 2017 conference.
My research is focused on semantic and entity-oriented search using knowledge bases. Specifically, my main goal is to improve various tasks of entity-oriented search such as query understanding, entity linking, retrieval, and summarization.
Information retrieval; Semantic search; Machine learning; Structural indexing; Computational linguistics
– Aug. 2017: Received the best short paper honorable mention award at SIGIR ’17
– April 2017: 1 full and 3 short papers are accepted at SIGIR ’17, visit the publication page
– Dec. 2016: Paper accepted at ECIR ’17 “Entity Linking in Queries: Efficiency vs. Effectiveness”
– Sep. 2016: Received the best paper honorable mention award at ICTIR ’16
– July 2016: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’16 “Exploiting Entity Linking in Queries for Entity Retrieval”
– April 2016: Started research visit at the University of Stavanger (UiS)
– Dec. 2015: Paper accepted at ECIR ’16 “On the reproducibility of TAGME Entity Linking system”
– July 2015: Paper accepted at ICTIR ’15 “Entity Linking in Queries: Tasks and Evaluation”
– May 2015: Received travel grant to attend GHC ’15, women leadership program, NTNU
– Aug 2014: Received the best place student support award at the Balisage conference
– May 2014: Paper accepted at the Balisage conference, “Non-hierarchical structures: …”
– Oct. 2013: Started internship at Yahoo! research lab, Barcelona, Spain
– March 2013: Doctoral consortium paper accepted at SIGIR ’13 , Dublin, Ireland