I am a tenure track assistant professor of information retrieval at the Institute of Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS) at the Radboud University. Before this, I was a data scientist at ASML, researching and developing machine learning solutions for the IC manufacturing industry. I obtained my PhD in Computer and Information Science from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), under the supervision of prof. Krisztian Balog and prof. Svein Erik Bratsberg.
My primary research interest lies in utilizing knowledge graphs for semantic search tasks. My work on this area has been published in top information retrieval venues and received multiple awards.
My other research interest is applying machine learning techniques to both textual and non-textual data. The industrial work I have done on this area resulted in multiple patents and industrial papers.
Information retrieval; Semantic search; Machine learning
– March 2019: Patent filed “Apparatus and method for property joint interpolation and prediction”
– March 2019: Patent filed “Extracting a Feature from a Dataset”
– August 2018: Paper accepted at CIKM ’18 “Query Understanding via Entity Attribute Identification”
– August 2018: Paper accepted at IAL@ECML ’18 “Towards interactive Feature Selection with Human-in-the-loop”
– June 2018: Paper accepted at Information Retrieval Journal “Identifying and Exploiting Target Entity Type Information for Ad Hoc Entity Retrieval”
– June 2018: The first industrial paper is accepted at EMLC ’18 “Towards Fab Cycle Time Reduction by Machine Learning based Overlay Metrology”
– December 2017: Short paper accepted at ECIR ’17 “Towards a Unified Supervised Approach for Ranking Triples of Type-like Relations“
– August 2017: Received the best short paper honorable mention award at SIGIR ’17
– July 2017: Gave a talk at DB/HMI colloquium at University of Twente
– June 2017: Gave a talk on semantic search at Search Engine Amsterdam (SEA) meetup
– April 2017: 1 full and 3 short papers are accepted at SIGIR ’17, visit the publication page